If a child does not sleep well and wakes up at night, it is a reason to think and change something.
It takes time, effort and motivation. Improving sleep is always the job of parents. There is a common mistake made when adults hope that over time the child will sleep normally. It can take months or even years. As a result, not only do parents suffer from lack of sleep, but also the baby itself.
Often parents do not know when to put the child to bed so that they can fall asleep quickly and easily. The baby's tears and whims become signals to sleep, but it is already too late. Whims indicate excessive fatigue. Overwork leads to excitement, which bothers the child very much and keeps him from falling asleep. It is important to learn to notice the first signs of fatigue. Everyone has their own. It can be changes in view or in movements. The child may lose interest in the game and start turning away.
Make a note of how long after waking up the baby's signs of tiredness become apparent. Little by little you will see patterns and understand when the "window to sleep" opens. This is the moment when the body is ready to sleep and is not yet overloaded.
To normalize sleep, you need a system. Order is important for young children. They get a lot of information, their life is full of events and stresses. A clear sleeping and waking rhythm calms the child.
A ritual helps improve sleep. These are the same steps repeated 10-15 minutes before bedtime each day. You can put away toys, brush your teeth, read a book, sing a song. The main thing is that these steps will be relaxing for the child, that these steps will always be the same and that the baby and you will like it.
Below we offer 6 rules for healthy sleep for a child:
- Sleep schedule. It is important to determine when the baby's sleep starts and ends. It makes it easier for the child to fall asleep and wake up;
- Sleep duration. It is based on the daily rate, which depends on the age of the child. For a one year old it is enough to sleep about 13.5 hours a day, for a six year old 9.5 hours is enough. But children are different, and individual characteristics influence each child's needs;
- Daily activity. The child will sleep well at night if they have spent the day intensely. It is important to avoid overload, but active activities, interesting educational games for the child , walks in the fresh air have a positive effect on sleep.
- Pleasant microclimate. The baby's bedroom should be cool, dark, and quiet. Set 18-20 degrees and humidity 50-70%;
- Comfortable clothing. Find the right natural pajamas;
- Games for children before bed. Avoid playing active games with your child for an hour before bed. Choose quiet games and activities with your baby such as reading a book or talking to each other.
Sleep is important to the normal growth and development of a child. Create the conditions for your baby to fall asleep and make sure nothing interferes with proper sleep.
On the BIM-BA.SHOP website we offer a large selection of great baby toys that will also help a child fall asleep comfortably.
First of all, this is a baby cocoon nest for newborns . His idea is to create a cozy space and the correct positioning of the newborn. The baby's position in the cocoon is similar to the position of the embryo in the mother's womb. Therefore, he is less prone to stress, he feels as safe and comfortable as possible.
The carousel will entertain the baby in the crib and soothe them before they go to sleep. The rubric presents many variations of this wooden newborn toy . Cozy and cute characters will make an evening game with a child under one year interesting.
Such an educational toy for children can be taken to bed. It's soft and doesn't hurt the baby. With such a book, the child learns the world around them, colors and shapes, and also develops fine motor skills. The entire range of soft toys for children is presented in the section.
Evening games for children aged 2 and over should not be active. For example, logical or tactile toys can help a child calm down before bed.
Sleep is important to the normal growth and development of a child . Create the conditions for your baby to fall asleep and make sure nothing interferes with proper sleep.